A very wise person once told me that eating salad with your fingers does not conform to the standards of common etiquette, and it is with this stinging critique in mind that I have formulated today's "B"RFO question. If you are the first person to answer correctly, you will be entitled to a gold star (ten gold stars are redeemable for an all-expenses-paid cruise to the Caribbean) and a free one year membership to "B"RFO. So with no further ado, the question is...If a train traveling east at sixty miles per hour collides with a train traveling west at twenty-two miles per hour, which fork does Miss Manners use to eat her first course at dinner?
8 comments:
The only fully correct answer is: we don't know. She may use a different fork than normal. If we are talking about all dinners than it is entirely possible that she hasn't always every single time used the same fork. If this is the case then we must either list the proper fork for every dinner or give a statistical distribution.
As for the most likely fork I believe the answer is the fork farthest from the plate. However, as I said before, we can't be sure.
The one on the left. Always start on the left.
-Trae
the pitch fork or the tuning fork depending upon whether or not the faster train de-railed.
Otherwise the fork in the road...
Oh Hargobind, you are so wrong. Miss Manners would NEVER use a different fork than normal, and because of your abysmal lack of etiquette, I'm sure you will never be invited to any fancy dinners. Ever.
Trae is right--the fork furthest to the left is the one she would start with. The only exception would be if the appetizer somehow included shelled oysters, because she would have to pick up the oyster fork placed on the right side of the plate with the knives and spoon. There are normally three forks on the left side of the plate, from the furthest left: salad, fish, and meat. The dessert fork is placed above the plate with the dessert spoon (go figure).
Time for me to get some friends...
Well the fork on the outside left hand side. When dining properly one must always work from the outside in and since forks are always located one the left, the outermost left hand fork would have to be my answer.
However if the trains collided before miss manners had the opportunity to chose the correct fork, I would venture to say that she would not use any of the forks set at her table.
This is so, soooooo sad. Six, count'm
SIX comments already on this silly question! You should all be ashamed of yourselves. And by the way, even though I know the one true answer, I'm certainly not telling the likes of YOU!
-John
^ At least I know I need friends...
Post a Comment