Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Week So Far

Me: Shoo bee doo wapiddy bee doo bee shoo bee doo wap.
Roommate: Die die die!
Me: Yikes!
Professor W___: You must confront the inevitability of your death in order to live an authentic life. I should have been a physicist.
Heidegger: Hyphen hyphen hyphen.
Me: What should I do with my life?
Karl Marx: Exchange value and the fetishism of commodities and variable capital and ROBOTS!
Professor W___: Would you ask a marker what it wants to be when it grows up? No. That's because it's essence precedes its existence.
Me: No, professor W___ , I wouldn't ask a marker what it wants to be when it grows up, because I don't talk to markers.
Heidegger: Hyphen hyphen hyphen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love Heidegger. I want you to tell me every assignment on Heidegger and what to read. I love that guy so much. He's so hard, but once you get his mindset...it's so weird. So much cooler than every other philosopher. Totally original. It's this radical step, away from Plato and Aristotle. Nothing else is near it.

What part of Being and Time are you guys reading? Div II, right? That's the whacked out part. He gets off course fast. Even still, you can get how he thinks later from that section. It consumes his later thought.