Monday, September 17, 2007

Lawn Monster


I'm limping around today on account of being attacked and mauled by a lawn sprinkler. I had been blissfully running around a friends yard when I rounded a tree, and the next thing I knew I was on the ground in a considerable amount of pain. Apparently I had collided with a large metal moving sprinkler like the one seen in the picture (spiked wheels and all). Witnesses to the incident reported that I hit it with what can only be described and a running drop kick and that despite its weight it had preformed a full 360 degree flip before landing unscathed and right side up about three feet away. While I don't exactly recall what I did moments before hitting the ground I have a feeling it was somewhat less graceful.
The aftermath was a gigantic bruise of my left foot and three consecutive spike shaped cuts of my right knee. If there had been a camera present this would already be on youtube. As if the sprinkler hadn't done enough damage the lawn chair I sat on to recover sprung forward and whacked the back of my head when I got up adding insult to injury. This marks my worst lawn related accident since that gnome thing which for the sake of my dignity (what's left of it) I will not mention here.

3 comments:

JOHN AND MONICA said...

As your father, I'm torn between, "Are you OK sweety?" and (as a David Hockney fan) is there something else going on?

JOHN AND MONICA said...

I feel like an amoeba for not noticing that this was YOUR post, King. As a distant but concerned acquaintance, the comment still goes!

JOHN AND MONICA said...

Oh... except the "Sweety"