Friday, September 14, 2007

Interpreting Art: 'The Penitent Magdalen' by Agostino Carracci

"I'm an attractive woman, Ted. Why can't I seem to find a relationship that lasts?

Maybe my boyfriends would stick around longer if I didn't whip them, kill them, skin them, and hang their skulls from trees to demarcate the boundaries of my forest habitat.

I know I should hang your skull up with the others, but, sniff, I can't help remembering how sweet you were, Ted. You got me a pet cherub for Valentine's Day and everything.

It's like I don't even know what's right anymore, you know? I've been going around my whole life just assuming that killing men was the right thing to do. Just because it's what I've always done. But what if it's not right? What if Mom and Grandma and Great-Grandma were all wrong?

This totally sucks, Ted. I just want to be loved."

2 comments:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Saying stuff like that is why people are constantly afraid of you J.