Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Readership Drive

A certain frienemy* of mine has suggested that blogging is "a waste of time" when "the number of surviving Beatles would be a generous estimate of the number of readers you've got." This person is clearly too unsophisticated to understand the process of contemplative self-examination which is obviously the point of blogging. However, his suggestion has made me insecure, and so 'The Essential Works of Julia Uhr and Michael King' is having a readership drive.

Please tell your facebook friends (and real friends if you have any) to become readers. Tell them we give out free t-shirts or beer or whatever you have to. If we can top five readers by the end of the week, I will be ecstatic, and just to make things a bit easier for you, I have appended a form letter** to the bottom of this post. You simply need to copy and paste it into an e-mail or facebook message to send to everyone you know.

*I use this term loosely, because I have no clear conception of what it means and only learned it from my mother, whose charming habit of keeping her lingo hip is apparently starting to rub off on me.

**Dear friend,
So there's this super-awesome blog that I found... It's called 'The Essential Works of Julia Uhr and Michael King,' and can be found at JULIAUHR.BLOGSPOT.COM. It has all of this cool stuff on it, like FREE PICTURES OF TOPLESS SUPERMODELS and INSIDER INFO ON PARIS HILTON. You totally need to check it out, lol, because it also tells you, bff, how to GET SKINNY IN THREE DAYS, GUARANTEED!!!
Thanks in advance for your COMPLIANCE and for your friendship, which has meant so much to me over the years,
Your Name Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you plan on tracking the size of your readership?

Julia said...

I can't, so if you tell me I have five readers, I'll pass that information on to my frienemy, who will look abashed and apologize for his insensitivity. Problem solved. It would be nice to have readers though.

Anonymous said...

I just read all of your blogs Julia! I support your fight against frienemy( I really hate/love this word) See you in a few days at school
Mary